It’s that time of year! Your closets are bursting, drawers are overflowing, and this is the year you are finally getting organized! You’re in luck, the Container Store® has started it’s largest Elfa® shelving sale.
Why do we love Elfa® closet systems?
- Esthetically pleasing
- Completely changeable
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to install
CLEAN LINES, VARIETY OF LOOKS
There are several different finish options for your closet system – a ventilated wire shelf in white or platinum with optional wood edging, solid shelves in many different veneers…the variety means their systems fit lots of different tastes. See examples of the different styles: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/elfaSale/bestSellingSolutions.
PRICED TO FIT ANY BUDGET
Closet pricing can vary from a few hundred dollars up to several thousand depending on the size and complexity of the design.
- A standard 6’ closet outfitted with one clothes rod and two 6’ shelves prices out at $180 (during the sale!) — mind you, that doesn’t include their fantastic drawers or gliding shoe shelves
- “Décor” edging and shelving, drawers, shoe shelves, tie racks, hooks, bins, and other accessories will add to the cost
- The ventilated and solid melamine shelving are the most economical
TOTALLY FLEXIBLE DESIGNS
You can start basic with a simple layout, planning for future changes.
- As you use the closet or change the function of the room, you can add or subtract components without tearing it all down
- Take a guest room closet…all you really need are shelves and a bit of hanging space to begin with, but planning to add drawers later can make it far more functional for things such as crafts and household supplies
- Kid’s closets can adapt as they grow and change – shelving vs. hanging space, shelving heights, this system can even be converted into a desk area
COULD IT BE ANY EASIER TO INSTALL?
The design of the system makes installation super simple.
- The whole system hangs from a single bar they call a top track. Once you get that installed securely, there is no further need for tools or the help of your handyman
- It usually takes about an hour to install a basic 6’ closet
- We must say that the Container Store’s® installers are friendly and quick. They can handle demolition of the existing closet and can handle any adjustments needed for unexpected glitches in the planning process
- If one is only installing a single closet system, the installers are a little pricey (they have a $180 minimum) so take advantage of this sale – installation is also discounted
BUT WAIT! Closet design isn’t the starting point.
How each closet functions is an integral part of how a whole house stays organized. Before you invest in a makeover of any one closet be sure that you’re storing what you really need and that you’re storing it in the appropriate location…should your boxes of photos and memorabilia really live in the master bedroom closet?
If you want help figuring out the best closet design for your needs, contact us! We take a holistic approach to closet design, taking into account the bigger picture of the home and other storage areas.
Don’t worry if you miss this sale; as members of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) we get a 20% discount on Elfa® year-round!