This is a re-post of a blog by our favorite time management expert, Sydney Metrick of Artful Coaching
The days are getting shorter as we approach winter, and you might feel like there’s just not enough time in the day to get everything done; especially during the holiday season. Is it possible to keep up? Or even get ahead? Here are some tips.
- Look at the dates of the big holidays you celebrate. What do you typically do for each of them. Think about how long the preparations have taken in past years and schedule start dates for the tasks.
- Do you have to do everything yourself? Consider what you can delegate and let others take care of those things.
- Are the items on your task list “must do” or just “it would be nice to do.” Focus on the must do items.
- How much time can you free up to do the things that are actually important? Is watching television or hanging out on Facebook really necessary?
- Plan each day every morning. Think about what tasks will give you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
- Learn to say no. It’s okay to set limits.
- Less is more. Think about what is enough and what might be more than necessary.
- If things feel overwhelming just pick three things you will do that day and put your energy and time into doing them.
- Give yourself credit for anything and everything you accomplish no matter how small.
- Get plenty of rest no matter what.
Think of being the person who designs your life.
Choose one item on this list and take action this week. Let us know how it goes!